Dear Online Diary,
Queen – you better work(out)!
Ya’ll! I’m back on my workout grind! The motivation has finally hit me and I couldn’t be MORE ecstatic. That down period when you really just do NOT want to go to the gym – is a struggle. However, I’ve finally found my stride!
Here are 5 tips to help stay motivated to put in work.
Use a planner
Put a playlist together
Envision your dream figure
Start with five minutes
1. Using a planner has been one of my #1 motivators! I don’t use my planner the way one might though. Not when it comes to working out. What I do, do (lol) – is use it as a reference of when I worked out.
I found that the accountability I need, is to see it written down when it’s been accomplished. If I don’t work out one day, nothing gets put down, and when I look back, I’m like “Dang it girl — you better work!”
2. Now putting a playlist together sounds like, duh, who doesn’t have a workout playlist? BUT — I very strategically curated my playlist, “Sponsored by Nike,” and it has songs that make me feel like a bad ass and can conquer anyone or anything.
3. Envisioning your dream figure is so simple. Literally, I close my eyes. I see me exactly what I want my body to look like. So even when things start to burn in the moment of lifting heavy things, this small vision helps me to push through and continue towards what I want.
4. Stretch, stretch, stretch. Even when I don’t feel like working out or moving, stretching helps relieve that laziness. It such a super easy move that doesn’t take much effort, but the juices get flowing, ready to work! By the time I’m through, I want to continue with an activity.
5. Start with only five minutes of working out. So if the rest of these things didn’t work, than this one is the kicker for sure! Thank you Newton’s law of motion: A body in motion, tends to stay in motion! Now I can’t say for a fact that this is what he meant, BUT indeed, when you start moving, and give yourself 5 minutes to get your heart rate up, you will tend to want to continue. As for me, I get inspired along the way!
My cousins also inspired a 6th tip for you to work!
Get a workout buddy and put up $50. Whoever skips the workout first, loses and has to pay the other person 50 bucks!!!! They said they did this a few months ago, and still haven’t missed a workout together. Just another idea, in case your the type of person that needs a lot of accountability, thrive on competition, and yous loves all the monies.
The best piece of advice I can give is to stay consistent. I try to workout AT LEAST four times a week, and let myself have three rest days when I need. I truly believe that if you want something enough, there is nothing that can stop you from having it.
Do you have any tips on consistently working out?? Leave a comment! Follow for more fashion, fitness, and fierce motivation coming (for sure) every Sunday!
Thank you so much for my health that allows me to continue to work out, eat right, and achieve even more health. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Signed with gratitude,