Dear Online Diary,
I’m back – but for how long? I can’t even front. I have way too many things going on. Being a Gemini (#GEMINISEASON) (you can believe this or not, but it’s the damn truth) – makes me want to do everything and their mom. Okay, I’m just kidding, I don’t want to do your mom. However, I have a spurt of what-feels-like-genius, and then I’m off on a tangent. I want to do this and that, and then I’m doing nothing fully. This has been a struggle for me since I was, I don’t know, born!
Currently these are the things that have a percentage of my focus:
- Writing a book: Weekend Two (it’s going to be magical)
- Makeup Reviews: Makeup Yo’ Mind (check me out on the Youtube)
- Working out and cooking (this is just a lifestyle that takes up time)
- Blogging here at My Dear Online Diary (it’s been a while though)
- Continuing to do art and graphic design (personal mainly, but what do you need?)
- Real Estate (let’s be honest, this has taken a back seat to everything)
PLUS! I work a full time job, like an animal. Realistically I do enjoy my job, because it keeps me moving, there’s never a dull moment, and it pays decent enough for me to live. However, I’m here… and want to be here ***.
Also – I have about 200 email addresses, so I’m thinking maybe everything needs to be consolidated (if possible) and rebranded. That way at least everything will be one full brand, VS. five different brands, and you’re like who the fuck is this girl and why does she have so many different personalities…. THATS THE GEMINI IN ME!!! I CAN’T HELP IT!! IT JUST HAPPENS!
However, I can help the fact that I don’t have to have five different things going on that are completely different. So how does one rebrand themselves? It’s taken me a lot to learn the golden rule of: simplifying.
A few thoughts on how to rebrand yourself:
- Simplify yourself
- Figure out what your brand actually is
- Think about something that embodies your brand – just one thing – and float on
- Have fun without thinking too hard
- Even if your personality isn’t fun, that can be a brand: stay true to you
Okay, so I don’t have all the answers, or even one answer, but I do know that I’m rebranding myself as a damn rainbow. Because you know what – it’s the one thing since I was a child that has made me happy. My favorite color is rainbow… I love anything rainbow or multi colored… That’s probably where my love of glitter comes from – it changes colors.
A rainbow is simple, yet completely tells my story. I made this weird rainbow too, because I’m not your average bird that likes things to be perfect. I’m definitely a weirdo. I say that with love too. I love myself – being weird can be taken as negative, but if you open your mind up to something other than what society tells you is ”cool” you may find that life is more enjoyable. I prefer to believe that ”weird” means free-spirited. Free spirited, in the sense that I am open to anything and everything that makes me feel happy.
Okay, what is this post about? I’m not sure, but I am trying to find my voice – be happy – find a passion, because GOD KNOWS! I need passion.
Passionate love for a passionate life, bitches.